Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Never would have imagined

I didn't think I would be writing such sad words today. Yesterday was a day I thought would never come, I have seen coworkers come and go but, never in a million years would I think I am the person going. To back up a little our company did a massive layoff in October and I wasn't impacted, I saw many friends walk out the door to another job or not one at all. It was a difficult time and I just felt so sad for those people. Now, I am the one with all the well wishers and others are feeling sad for me. I couldn't even begin to understand what they were going through in October but, I can certainly understand it now. I have so many decisions to make:

Do I take the severance package in June? Will this be enough to hold me over for a little while?
Do I look for another opportunity within this company? After all I have 13 years vested.
Do I look for an opportunity with another company? Starting over is such a scary thought..


The questions above are so simple yet so complicated. What does one do? I don't know where to begin. I do know I need to find the inner strength to get through this, after all it could be worse right?


Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment